Do the colours in your home reflect your personality and promote positive energy? If you were unaware of Vastu Shastra – a traditional Hindu system of architecture that promotes harmony between humans, nature, and objects – then you might want to be more mindful of how colour plays an important role in promoting peace and happiness at your home.
Vastu Colours can help create well-balanced vibes within a residence or workplace environment due to their ability to counteract negative vibes. Choosing the right ones can even have an impact on one’s financial well-being!
In this blog post we’ll share some tips for selecting the perfect palette for each room in your home according to Vastu Principles – so keep reading if you’re interested in creating the best atmosphere possible with just a few simple colour swaps!
We at Lancor understand that the effectiveness of Vastu Shastra is a matter of personal belief and interpretation. While some believe that following Vastu principles can bring positive energy, good fortune, and health to their lives, others may not subscribe to these beliefs.
Eventually, it’s worth noting that Vastu Shastra is based on the principles of traditional Indian architecture and is rooted in ancient Hindu philosophy. Some of its principles are based on scientific principles, such as the orientation of buildings to maximize sunlight and airflow, while others may not have a scientific basis.
In brief, the effectiveness of Vastu Shastra may vary from person to person, and it’s up to individuals to decide whether to follow its principles or not. It’s important to keep in mind that Vastu Shastra should not be seen as a substitute for professional advice and consultation when it comes to designing and building structures.
Choosing the Right Vastu Colours
As highlighted above, Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian science of architecture that focuses on the harmony and balance between humans, the environment, and cosmic energies. Vastu colours play an important role in creating a positive and harmonious living space.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right Vastu colour for your home:
- Identify the direction: Each direction has its significance in Vastu Shastra, and different colours are associated with each direction. For instance, the north direction is associated with wealth and prosperity, and blue or green colours are considered auspicious for this direction.
- Consider the purpose of the room: Different colours can have different effects on our emotions and moods. For instance, yellow is a cheerful and energetic colour that is perfect for a living room or a study room. On the other hand, blue is a calming and soothing colour that is ideal for a bedroom.
- Take into account natural light: Natural light can affect the appearance of colours in your home. For example, a colour that looks good in a room with a lot of natural light may not look as good in a room with little natural light. So, it’s essential to choose a colour that complements the amount of natural light in a room.
- Choose colours that complement each other: It’s important to choose colours that complement each other and create a harmonious colour scheme. For instance, you can use a combination of warm and cool colours to create a balanced and inviting space.
- Trust your instincts: Ultimately, choosing the right Vastu colour for your home is a personal choice, and you should trust your instincts. If a colour makes you feel happy and relaxed, then it’s probably the right colour for your home.
A few Don’ts in Vastu Colours that You Might Want to Consider
While selecting colours for your home based on Vastu principles, it’s essential to keep in mind some of the don’ts to avoid any negative impact on your living space. Here are some of the things you should avoid while choosing Vastu colours:
- Avoid using too much black or white colour: According to Vastu, black and white colours represent negative energy and should not be used extensively in your home. You can use these colours in small amounts, but it’s best to avoid using them as the primary colours for any room.
- Avoid bright and bold colours in the bedroom: Bright and bold colours like red, orange and pink can be too stimulating for a bedroom and can interfere with your sleep. It’s best to use soothing and calming colours like blue, green, or lavender in your bedroom.
- Avoid using too many colours in one room: Using too many colours in a single room can create a chaotic and overwhelming atmosphere. It’s best to limit the number of colours to three or four and choose colours that complement each other.
- Avoid using a single colour for the entire house: Using the same colour for the entire house can create a monotonous and dull atmosphere. It’s best to use different colours in different rooms based on their purpose and direction.
- Avoid using broken or cracked tiles: Using broken or cracked tiles can attract negative energy and create a feeling of instability. It’s best to replace them immediately and maintain the integrity of your living space.
|Master bedroom||south-west||Blue, Pink, Soft Shades, Pista Green, Yellow|
|Guest room or Drawing room||North-West||White|
|Rooms for Children / Study Room||North-west||White, light green or blue, Baby Pink|
|Kitchen||South-East||The fire zone can be painted with pink, brown, orange or red colour|
|Hall Area||north-east||yellow or white|
|Pooja Room||North East||Yellow|
What is the ideal colour for the main gate according to Vastu? It is recommended to opt for softer hues such as silver, white, or wooden colours for the front door. Darker shades, including red, black, and dark blue, should be avoided as per Vastu principles. Additionally, it is suggested that the main entrance gate should open inward in a clockwise direction.
Where should the garage coloured according to Vastu?
For an optimal garage location, it is suggested to position it in the North West direction. When it comes to colour selection, consider choosing lighter shades such as yellow, white, or blue.
Where colour should the balcony be painted? Balcony Vastu principles state that the balcony should be located in the east direction or north direction. Use calmer colours like cream, blue or lighter shades of pink and green for your balcony. This is the zone where residents will most connect with the external world. All dark colours should be bypassed as a result.
What colours I can use for the Curtains?
According to Vastu principles, it is best to avoid using black-coloured curtains in your home, especially in the bedroom meant for couples. For the living room, Vastu recommends using colours such as yellow, blue, or green for the curtains, as they are considered the most suitable Vastu colours for your home.
Rooms facing the northwest direction should have curtains in white, which is considered one of the best Vastu colours for a home. Similarly, for a west-facing room, grey-coloured curtains are recommended as the best Vastu colour. On the other hand, a south-east-facing room should have curtains in red or pink, which are considered appropriate Vastu colours for that direction.
|Disclaimer: This blog provides a general overview of Vastu principles and their broader compliance. It is important to note that if you are a firm believer in Vastu and its traditions, it is highly recommended to seek expert advice before making any decisions regarding your living space. While this blog aims to provide helpful insights, it is not a substitute for professional guidance tailored to your specific needs and circumstances.|
To conclude, it is important to remember a few key considerations when selecting colours for your home that have been advised by Vastu principles. Seek harmony, balance, and positive energy as you select the right shades of colour.
Always explore and understand why certain colours are believed to be auspicious in terms of Vastu before deciding on what kind of colours to use in any room in your home. Take advantage of the strong symbolism associated with certain colours to lend an extra dose of luck and positivity to your environment.
Intentional and purposeful decisions regarding the choice of colour will hugely benefit oneself and one’s home in both Divine as well as material ways!